Monday, August 13, 2018

Introduction: I am Toodles, the giant ladybug.


Hello!  I am Toodles the ladybug!  I'm not really a lady, I'm a boy.  I just met my human friend recently and she has been taking me on all sorts of adventures!  Her name is Danielle and she loves to go outside and do different things and she takes me with her! She loves to hike and go out on lakes in a kayak!  I get to learn all sorts of things about nature and science and I get to climb trees and meet animals!  I have a wonderful life and I wanted to start a blog so that I can share my adventures with you!  This past weekend I went out on a really big lake called a reservoir.  It has a dam and holds water that goes to peoples homes.  Danielle took me out in her kayak and we saw a birds nest built in the rocks, a really cool spider web with a spider living in it, some cool birds and flowers and nature.  Danielle said I could ride on the top of her hat.  She talked to me and I was so surprised to see how big the rocks were! We were camping in the mountains for her birthday and it was so much fun.



I'm going to try to write once a week about all of the things I have done during the week.  Feel free to comment, but remember: If you don't have something nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all.  I want this to be a nice blog as ladybugs are harmless to humans so I want all those here to be harmless to each other.  A little more about my kind:  there are about 5,000 different species of ladybugs in the world.  We are small beetles and people in other countries often call us ladybird beetles.  We eat aphids and other plant eating pests so we are good for gardens and farms.  You can read more about ladybugs at kids.nationalgeographic.com .

I like to ride on the dashboard and sometimes I ride on the visor, or even in the cup holder. It's always good to have someone to talk to. My friend Danielle is an excellent talker, and I am an excellent listener.  When she takes her truck on bumpy dirt roads and I am riding on the dash I jump and bounce all over the place.  These are some pictures of me riding in the truck and on Danielle's hat while kayaking this weekend on the reservoir.  I hope you like the pictures of me.  Leave me a note in the comments if you want to and I will try to write again soon! Have a great day and be kind!                                                                          
 Love, Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment